Terms and Conditions
The applicant, who is submitting this electronic application to open a new account, hereby applies for membership in, and agrees to purchase electric energy from Newberry Electric Cooperative, Inc. (herein called the co-op) upon the following terms and conditions.
- The applicant will pay to the co-op the sum of $5.00, which, if this application is accepted by the co-op, will constitute the applicant's membership fee. The applicant further agrees that any amounts owing the co-op will be deducted from the fee before refund is made.
- The applicant will, when electric energy becomes available and the meter installed, purchase from the co-op all electric energy used on the premises described below and will pay therefore monthly rates which will be fixed by the board of trustees of the co-op. The applicant will pay a bill of at least $6.23 per month regardless of whether any kilowatt hours are consumed or not.
The applicant agrees that failure to pay the co-op monthly by a date specified by the co-op, for electric energy used and billed at the adopted rate schedule applicable to the applicant's classification, shall be cause for the co-op to discontinue service without further notice of any kind and that the co-op will not be held liable for damage to food, equipment, property, livestock, poultry, individuals or otherwise as a result of the discontinuance of service.
- The applicant will cause the premise to be wired in accordance with wiring specifications approved by the co-op. The applicant further agrees to maintain said wiring and discharges the co-op from any liability for damages suffered by reason of the installation, the wiring, or electric energy thereon.
- The applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the charter and by-laws of the co-op of which the applicant will be a member, and such rules and regulations as may be, from time to time, adopted by the co-op. The acceptance by the co-op shall constitute an agreement between the applicant and the co-op, and the contract for electric service shall continue in force from the date service is made available by the co-op to the applicant, until cancelled by request of the applicant or because applicant failed to abide by the rules and regulations of the co-op.
- The applicant requests and authorizes the co-op's board of trustees to subscribe to Living In South Carolina magazine on my behalf and authorize the subscription price thereof to be deducted from any funds accruing in my favor, so as to reduce such funds in the same manner as would any other expense of the co-op.